Thursday, October 27, 2011

Example Essay

Who knew there could be so many surprises after you get married?  Not all good surprises either.  My husband and I decided not to live together until we got married and let’s just say  there were a couple of things about my husband that I didn’t know  and was quite surprising  to me. 
                One of my biggest pet peeves is being late, I don’t care if I’m half an hour early as long as I’m not late, it’s better to be early then late right?.   Well come to find out my husband is the opposite.   He likes to be there a minute before were suppose to be there.    He will wait right up to the last minute to get ready which really surprises me because before we were married he was always on time.
                Another think that surprised me was how messy he was.   I could spend all day cleaning up the house to make sure it was spotless including picking up laundry that was laying on the floor and washing all the dirty laundry and  as soon as he gets home he leaves his jacket lying around on the table, and changes into new clothes and leaves his dirty ones lying on the floor.    It surprises me because before we were married he always said that he hated a dirty house.
                One of the biggest things that surprise me is how much he likes to play his video games.   Before we were married he never said anything about playing video games.  I knew he had an Xbox 360 but didn’t think he actually played it anymore.  Every night before he goes to bed he has to play it and I think if he had more free time he would play it more. 
                When it all comes down to the end all of this surprises that I can’t live with, who knows maybe with time he will start picking up after himself.   Maybe his mother always picked up after him.  And I guess the video games aren’t a big deal as long as it doesn’t turn into a big thing.  I suppose after working all day I can pick up after him and let his play his video games.  

1 comment:

  1. You've definitely got examples of three surprises that you got after you said 'I do.' You've set up that five-graf essay clearly to do what you want it to do and have a real outro and intro. Glad to take it.

    Try reading your next piece aloud and see if you pick up problem sentences like this that need cleaning up and revising: "When it all comes down to the end all of this surprises that I can’t live with, who knows maybe with time he will start picking up after himself."

    ReplyDelete